The practice has a strict policy regarding confidentiality and data protection. We will only release test results to the person to whom they relate unless that person has given prior permission for the release of this data or they are not capable of understanding the results.
Information for patients about obtaining results of blood tests and Xrays from the surgery:
Your Doctor has requested you to have a blood test/Xray
The results of most routine tests will be available within one week. Some blood tests will take longer to reach the surgery.
If you do not hear from the surgery your test results were normal or do not require any specific action.
PLEASE MAKE SURE WE HAVE UP TO DATE CONTACT DETAILS SO WE CAN CONTACT YOU IF YOUR RESULTS NEED FURTHER ACTION.
You should have been asked for an up to date mobile phone number today and whether you consent to receiving messages regarding your results by text message. If not please update your details with reception.
If you would like to check your results there are three options:
- You can register to see your results online via Patient Access (please ask in reception how you can do this). You will be able to see any comments or actions requested by your doctor.
- You can telephone the surgery. Please phone after 2pm when the phone lines are likely to be less busy.
- If your test has been requested by the hospital and you have not received the result, you will need to contact the hospital department who requested the test.
If your results are abnormal the surgery will contact you.
- If it is urgent the Duty Doctor or your own doctor may contact you by telephone to arrange the necessary follow-up.
- If a specific action is required you may be contacted by phone, text message or letter to make an appointment with your doctor or arrange a further blood test.